SNMF is organised in departments and working groups. There are two types of working groups and a group of junior family doctors.
Working Groups of the Professional-Scientific Department
Created in 2012, the IWG of the National Society of Family Medicine consists of 9 dedicated practicing family doctors, certified as trainers, members of ESPID, WONCA and EURACT, working in urban and rural areas, from all regions of Romania. Its purpose is to increase the quality of immunization activity in Romania. During the past years, IWG developed the following activities:
– debates and round tables at local, regional and national conferences for family doctors (debate at Wonca istanbul here: (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OEmWlycjNI)
– oral presentations and posters at international and national courses and conferences (ESPID International Training Course – 1st prize for poster; National Conference of Epidemiology and Microbiology, RoVaccin, WONCA Europe)
– workshops for family doctors and also for journalists on vaccination topics
– articles and debates in medical and nonmedical media
– chapters about vaccination and communication in family medicine in the new residency curriculum for family doctors (https://rezidentiat.ms.ro/curricule/2017/medicina_de_familie_2017.pdf) page 32, 34
– annual national campaign for WHO’s World Immunization Week since 2013 (campaign page)
– online CPD courses for doctors on the e-learning platform of the National Society of Family Doctors (https://www.formaremedicala.ro/dcsol-elearn/courses/index/)
– online CPD courses for nurses on the e-learning platform of the nurses (https://www.eduasistent.ro/category/cursuri/)
– answering questions from patients about the myths about immunization on a dedicated blog.
– translation and adaptation of the ECDC Guide: https://ecdc.europa.eu/sites/portal/files/media/en/publications/Publications/lets-talk-about-protection-vaccination-guide.pdf (EN) and http://www.cnscbt.ro/index.php/ghiduri-si-protocoale/184-ghid-de-comunicare-pentru-cresterea-acceptarii-programelor-de-vaccinare-la-copii/file (RO)
– website for patients (https://www.edumedical.ro/category/vaccinare/)
– answering questions from patients about the myths about immunizations on the biggest pro-immunizations goup on Facebook (60.000 participants): https://www.facebook.com/groups/vaccinuri/
Site: www.snmf.ro/vaccinare (Romanian) and www.vacinologie.ro
Presentation movie – click hereRespiratory Working Group (RespiRO)
Created in 2013, it is the first joint group of SNMF with CNSMF.
Technical Working Groups for the improvement of healthcare legislation
Administrative / Bureaucracy
Therapeutical protocols, chronic disease management
National Health Programs, Public Health issues